My niece Shelly came to stay with us for a week during spring break. We had a lot of fun and kids really enjoyed having her (me too!!). Here are a couple pictures of our goodbyes at the airport. It was hard to watch her go up the escalator.


Before heading to the airport we went to Red Robin for lunch. Averi and Wade both had to get 3 shots this morning before lunch and Averi is showing her battle wounds. She was super brave and didn't even cry (just sad watery eyes). Of course then when we were walking in the parking lot to the car, she fell and skinned her knee and cried for like 20 min - go figure.



Here are some pictures of the fun we had. Shelly and the kids went swimming a lot. We heated the pool and it was super nice. I even got to go in once when Wade was sleeping. We went to Johns Incredible pizza and enjoyed the awesome buffet and games and went to Disneyland and California Adventure twice (Wade was really good although I don't particularly recommend it for a 2 month old - the snugli was my best friend). Adam went the first day and the next day we braved it ourselves. Last night after Disneyland, Shelly and I watched "Becoming Jane". What a perfect end to a fun week.



We had a fun and busy week. I think Shelly was probably overwhelmed living with 3 little ones for a week but we love her so much and can't wait to see her again. Averi kept saying on the way out of the airport "We can't keep Shelly. That would make her mom sad."

We had a fun and busy week. I think Shelly was probably overwhelmed living with 3 little ones for a week but we love her so much and can't wait to see her again. Averi kept saying on the way out of the airport "We can't keep Shelly. That would make her mom sad."


3 comments:
You are WAY brave! Wear a bathing suit 2 months after having a baby? WAY brave. Even braver to take 3 kids to Disneyland on your own. Actually, I don't really think that's brave - just crazy. I know because I tried the same thing with baby Jessica. She SCREAMED (which was so unlike her) the whole trip around small world. The world doesn't seem so small when you have an inconsolable infant afloat your boat.
I'm trying to watch "Becoming jane" too. I've had it from Netflix for over a week, but it's been too noisy around her to truly enjoy it. Maybe soon.
You are amazing! Either keep up the good work and teach me how OR slow down a bit so I can catch up :)
Ok you need to quit trying to be the favorite Aunt. It is too hard to keep up!!!!!! Love You
Can Shelly come to my house next? It looks like you guys had a blast and I bet the kids just loved having her around! You are such an awesome aunt! Way cute pictures. I am loving your new camera.
Post a Comment