Sunday, April 20, 2008

Relief Society Conference with Virginia Hinkley Pearce


Saturday morning was our annual stake Relief Society Conference. Only this year, we had an amazing key note speaker, President Hinkley's Daughter! She has also served in the General Young Women presidency. Sister Pearce was so sweet and so wonderful and witty (just like her dad). It was neat to hear her talk a little about her father and how shy he has always been (I never would have thought).
I was especially excited to listen to her because I recently read her book, "A Heart Like His". It truly touched me. It emphasizes having a Christ-like heart and just openning yourself up instead of staying in your own little closed world and how to make space for God's love in our lives (the best part is that it is only about 100 pages:).
I was really moved when she asked us Saturday to let go of our terrible negative self talk that we do as women and truly pray to our Heavenly Father for a testimony of our divinity, that God loves us individually. Not only as a whole but loves and knows each of us and not just to say it, or think it or know it but to truly ask for a testimony of it. Once we can really know this, we will see the divine nature in others.

3 comments:

maren bosley said...

That sounds wonderful! Wish I could have been there to hear it. I'll have to give her book a read.

Les and Cheryl said...

Thank you for putting that on your blog. I was going to call you and ask you what the name of the book was.

caryn said...

That sounds so great, Stacey. Thanks for being such an inspiration to all those around you. Adam is one lucky guy...remind him of that, K?