The other day, the kids and I were in the car and Averi randomly started to ask questions about Jesus and The Ressurection. She was concerned that she didn't remember it correctly and was getting teary eyed about the details. She wasn't sure if He was killed by swords or nails. She couldn't remember where He went where He died and she was unsure why someone would want to kill Him.
She also wondered why He doesn't come to see us if He got His body back. These are the kinds of questions I was answering at a random moment driving in the car. Talk about pressure!
Owen sat quitely through the conversation. Yesterday (the next day), Averi was at school and I was in the car with Owen and Wade. Suddenly Owen made this comment.
"Mom?"
"Yes, Owen"
"I don't want to get nails in me, then die, then get my body back."
How sad. I just assumed the conversation I had with Averi was a little over his head. The poor kid had probably been worried about this all night thinking that his little life would eventually end with something to do with nails. Sad.
I guess I know what we will be talking about on Family Night!


2 comments:
How sweet, You just don't realize what they hear and interpret. I remember molly afraid was afraid of the statement "It's just a head"
Good luck missionary Momma!
Post a Comment