Friday, October 10, 2008

Picking my battles and a family heirloom!

Averi dressed herself AGAIN this morning much like other mornings. On other mornings, however, I muster the energy to decline her choice and give her some other options to choose from. After a battle yesterday over her hairstyle ("mom, you never let me choose anything, I always have to do my hair and wear my clothes the way YOU want"), my resolve is dwindling.
After a deep sigh, I sent her to school. If you notice, I at least added a bow to TRY to pull the ensamble together.
and...
I am trying to get some pics of the boys to enlarge and hang in their room. I pulled out Adams "losing is the pits" headband from when he was a kid and started shooting (the camera that is:). I can't help but smile everytime I see this picture of Wade.
Owen was willing to pose for a couple pictures with a bribe of chocolate. He had just awakened from a nap though, and had major sleepy eyes. I like this one of Wade for his room but I may try something different for Owen probably sports related. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Les and Cheryl said...

Oh Honey, Averi sounds just like you! Ask any of your sisters. It must be genetic. I love the pictures of the boys. The one of Wade is just so cute, and of course so is Owen

Lindsay Klinger said...

I love love love the picture of wade. I can't wait to squeeze him. I think the one of Owen is cute too. I love the sleepy Eyes.

jenni bishop said...

Really cute pictures of the boys!!!
Averi on the other hand...jk...she is adorable no matter what she wears!:)

aaburga said...

Adam Bishop!!!!!!!! Que onda maricon! haha. Long time no talk or see. Are you still in the area? I am still in Rancho. Do you still play soccer? We play at the Claremont building every Thursday nights. Come join us!

Good looking kids!

Yes on Prop 8!

Carrie Anne said...

hey, it's carrie anne, sarah hull's friend. i just HAD to post b/c this is the STORY OF MY LIFE with my daughter. i gave up the fight long ago...you should see what she comes up with...a black dress with black tights & white sandals...oh the lists go on & on & so do the blog posts. my mom gave me some great advice. she said that peer pressure will fix the clothes issue eventually...i'm pretty sure that is NOT going to happen b/c my daughter could care less what anyone thinks. so, good luck...that's my only advice...my mom also said "maybe someday she'll be a fashion designer." yeah, okay...i'll keep the dream alive by supporting all the trailer trash looks, mom. at least you have some great pics to show her when she's older!:)

kimhumpherys said...

Stacey, girl I so know what you're going through with Averi. My Brookelyn is just like her! After hearing similar statements, I gave up. She's 9 now and let's just say things have improved slightly..hahaha! I guess what has improved is that I don't freak out. Whatever I say. We did try to have a fashion show once for FHE and had her try on outfits that we put together for her. It worked some. Now, she's trying her own hair..sometimes her own braiding is, well, fun..hahaha! Good thing Averi is cute no matter what she wears and won't it be so fun when she looks back at her pics and asks you why you let her look like that?? And you can proudly say, that was all you honey!! Too funny!