Adam's Uncle Gery (Gerda's Brother) is-close enough right? He came to visit us yesterday afternoon and it was really the first time (I know, sad), that I ever, really, asked him about his amazing art. He was the director of Cranbrook Acadamy of Art, now retired. He is a renowned textile (fiber) artist and he creates everything with his own hands.
When he showed us his exhibit pieces, I was really able to get a peak inside Uncle Gery's mind for a minute and see some of his amazing work. I love this one. These are GIANT pants. I wish you could see the intricate detail and I wish I could explain how amazing the whole concept is.
.
When I woke up this morning, I googled him (not in a stalker kind of way Gery, I promise). He is amazing. I was able to look at some past work and feel sad that I haven't shown more interest in the past.
This is a photo of him at one of his exhibits in the Midlan Center for the Arts, that is currently displayed in Michigan.
I got this picture from a website about the exhibit. If you would like to read more about it, click on the picture.
Of course, I forgot to get any pictures of him and our family yesterday but those of you who went caroling with us a few years back, know how much fun he and Ken are!!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful art with us and coming all the way out to beautiful IE to see us. We love you!



3 comments:
Love it. I am sure he had fun making the rounds to see everybody. He is a very cool guy.
I really am jealous of artists because I have no artistic abilities whatsoever!
He is an amazing, creative person! I'm going to post a few pictures of some of his work...pictures we took when we went to Michigan.
Post a Comment