Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Doc..., I AM an athlete!

So, Adam took one for the team last night. In team, I mean Old Town Baking Co. Soccer Club. In a tough bout on the fields of Rancho Cucamonga, Adam sprained his ankle pretty bad. He toughed it out through the night but when I saw it in the morning, I knew it was worse than the typical "sprain".
We got him in to the doctor and after X-rays, the doctor said
"So, were you an athlete?"
Adams reply,
"Doc, Was?"
"I am an athlete!"
That's Adam for you. The doc laughed and then told him that he has a grade 3 ankle sprain and stretched ligaments. He also stated that this is complicated by a previous small fracture and torn ligaments that healed be themeselves without treatment (hence the question about being an athlete).

Adam of course, went against the doctors orders and rested only a couple of hours before going into the bakery (guess the Vicodin kicked in:).
If you need me, I guess I will be at home caring for 4:<

5 comments:

caryn said...

Sorry Adam! And Stacey, I am so glad one of the pic's shows his toes....Filippo is now trying to perfect hurting people with his toes, just like Uncle Adie!

jenni bishop said...

You are! You are!
You are also a dancer...and you better be ready for Friday night!
Ok...so how many injuries have there been now on that field? Aaron ended up in surgery! Maybe they should be "were athletes" from now on:)

Les and Cheryl said...

Ouch! That's the worst I've seen! Why do men deal with pain and try to go back to work.

Shalyn & Joe said...

I am shocked that he went to the Dr. Good luck with that one...nothing like men on pain meds!

Reggs said...

OW! The pictures say it all. I am STILL LAUGHING at Adam's comment that he ISSSS an athlete. Now I can see why he and Allen were such pals.
One time I asked Allen what percentage of people he could take down in a fencing tournament, (he having never held a sword or even tried fencing).
His guess: "eighty to ninety percent".