Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Boys II Men...

If you were not rockin out (or makin' out-sorry mom) to Boys II men in the 90's......Then you are LYING!!
We headed out to Pachanga to see them in concert last Friday with the Hulls!


Sidenote memories
Amanda, all I could think about was you and Jocelyn smuggling the Boys II Men cd to girls camp and hanging out in your tent and listening to it with Katherine, Marlie and Paula!


Lindsay, when they sang "Mama", I just kept thinking about our apartment in the ghetto and you wondering why the heck I was so in to that song!:)


They were AWESOME! It was so fun to see some hard core fans especially this crazy girl to the left that was rockin out so hard and dancing like crazy. They guys would just look over at her and smile! Below is a pic of one of the guys giving her some love.

We were not ashamed to WORK IT! especially because we were only about 5 rows back and right in the center!! Adam kept doing this strange looking dance that was cracking us up.
Sarah, I am sorry to re-open a wound but...

Sarah and I rushed to the stage when they began throwing roses out to the audience while singing "I'll make love to you" - again, sorry mom. One of the guys looked right at us and was going to throw Sarah a rose and the chick in front of us snagged it....not cool:(



Meanwhile, there sat Adam and Bryant feeling slightly awkward as they sat next to each other, without dates, during the most romantic song of the night!




Before getting in to the concert, we were starving. We didn't have much time but went to the awesome prime rib/crab buffet at Pachanga. After scarffing down food and running to catch show we were bummed that we couldn't even enjoy it.


Leave it to Sarah, to sweet talk her way to get us back in to the buffet for a second round after the concert!
GOOD TIMES!! I seriously don't think I have ever spent that much time laughing. So fun!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

I am SO jealous. I remember when I older brother went to their concert in the 90s and he didn't invite me. I was destroyed for weeks. Mowtown Philly back again!

Sara said...

Stacey, basically I am just sitting here smiling and loving that you guys went to a Boyz II Men concert! Sara

Lindsay Klinger said...

I totally remember you loving the song Mama. You are such a dork!!! You made me listen to it over and over again. I still can't hear the song with out remembering the ghetto apartment. Too Funny!

Amanda Weir said...

I was just laughing the whole time reading this post. Good time at girls camp with Boyz II Men. You just brought me back like 15 years. I am glad you guys had a good time.

Adam thanks for letting us listen to a little mowtown philly back agin. For a min. we felt like we were there.

Sarah Hull said...

I am a little type II for you learning that you were not joking that you loved that mama song so much! So funny!
WE HAD THE BEST TIME and I am still laughing about everything... mostly about our husbands who were left in the dust to hold hands while we ventured off to be groopies! So funny!
Thanks for such a super fun, awesome, never ending laughs night! You guys are the greatest!

jocelyn said...

I don't remember bringing it to camp (sooo funny that we did, and I need to call Amanda to remind me of that story), but I do remember being TOTALLY obsessed with them! You guys look like you had so much fun!

jenni bishop said...

So fun! We also enjoyed the phone call from adam during the concert...letting us hear a few moments of a song! Awesome!