While I was at the youth activity last night, Adam took the kids to his parents house. The baby in the sink tradition has gone back to when Don and Gerda were bathing their own kids.
Little did she know, Wade is a splashing maniac. I wish I had been there to warn her because she eventually had to mop her whole floor and do flood control on the counter tops.


Thanks Amanda for taking these pics so I could see his first bath in "the" sink! Uh, does he look like 14 to you or what?
umm....one more tiny little thing..................
Just as I was thinking that I would never bask in the delight of my favorite wholesale priced home decorating goodies....
Don't kid yourself, this store is AMAZING! If you remember my post from early this year, you will recal that I risked possibly having Wade in Utah in order to browse around my favorite store (okay, and to see my family and send Cooper off on his mission....whatever). When Molly moved out of Utah (where the only stores used to be), I was major bummed(/delighted that Molly was closer to me...:).
Even better?..They ordered a ton of cookies from the bakery for their Grand Openning Weekend! (uh, I'm pretty sure that basically makes me a part of the Tai Pan family).
I felt a little sad at the prospect of strolling the beatifully decorated pathways by myself seeing as how I usually did so with my sisters and mom. Luckily, Jenni was willing to join me as we got overly excited over rediculously large tree ornaments and $1.97 HUGE soup bowls!
My funnest find? This super cool wire card/photo holder!
If any of you are going to be in the area by the end of the month, let me know. I have a ton of $10 off coupons that will expire soon!!





8 comments:
I can not WAIT to go to that store! I remember you telling me about it and I wanted to make a trip to Utah just for that store. I am THRILLED about it. You make me laugh SO hard with you slashes...(slash happy that molly is living closer). So funny!
Also loved darling Wade in the sink bath. Too cute. He is growing so fast and is such a little doll.
Me and Sarah are on our way..soon..will you be meeting us there???!!!!
yeah, there's one in cali now! it's my fav. store here in utah..i'm only a few exits away..hey, i wanted to order a cute photo holder from pottery barn, but that one from tai pan is adorable and probably cheaper..i didn't see it at tai pan..but you know, i'm sort of ADHD in that store because i can't seem to focus with so much going on. especially now that christmas is all out.
A tear is running down my cheek as we speek. I love this store and am sad they did not open one in Portland. I guess I will just have to make a trip to California
Dear Wade,
I'm so happy you enjoyed your "sink" bath. That is the only way I will bathe. Also...thank you for enjoying your first ritz with me!
Love,
Audrey Thompson
ps. That Bread is the best thing that ever hit my mouth! We're making a family trip to your bakery for sure!!!!
As i enlarged the picture of u and jenni and i could see all the cute stuff you had and all the cute stuff around you i got a little upset that i was not there. maybe some day soon if only i would have this baby already :)
I'm a little disappointed that my nephew has to take his baths in PUR brand filtered water!! You should consider stepping up to Evian or, if you want him to be really smart - and who doesn't want their kid to be really smart - try the SMART water, it has electrolytes!! =)
He's such a cute kid!! Can't wait for you guys to come up next month!!
- Keith
Just stop it right now with that Tanaka farms picture! It is darling!
p.s. I had so much fun with you the last four weekends!
p.s.s. I have this friend that.... (you know the rest)
Post a Comment