Aimee and Jacob had come over yesterday just for a few minutes to pick up something. While waiting to go pick up Austin from school, we were all in the backyard blowing bubbles. Suddenly, Aimee noticed that we had left the door open and there was a lizard inside the house. I freaked out! I am not scared of lizards in their own environment but in my house? No way! I am so glad Aimee saw it because I leave the door open all the time and probably never would have noticed.I will make a very long, loud and exhausting story short. Just picture Aimee with a play shovel and a foam sword straddled between a couch and an ottoman, me with a broom and a bucket prepped and leaning over the chair, lots of props, buckets and pillows, screaming, crying from Owen (because one attempt to get the lizard out from under the ottoman, sent it racing right over Owen's toes), more screaming, dragging Wade's blanket and bucket with the lizard inside, and flinging the lizard out the front door.
I just hugged Aimee and told her that there was no way I would have let her leave me here alone with that (sorry she was late Austin!). Oh and Jacob? he had no clue what was going on and was completely unaffected by the activity.
After Aimee left and I tried to get my nerves under control......and the kids, I heard Averi say "hey Owen, you want to play lizard catchers?" And they did play lizard catchers for like 40 minutes. I felt like a superhero! Thank you Aimee for your help!! I couldn't have done it without you!!


3 comments:
Stacey! I am cracking up! PLEASE teach Averi how to use the video camera so next time you and Aimee get into a funny situation you can have it on tape.. and win money from America's funniest video.
I love that the kids played Lizard catchers after! That is so dang funny! I can picture the whole thing and I love the visual I get! You two girls crack me up... and the plastic shovel and foam sword almost did me in! please!
That's really funny, but been there done that. I would have liked to have seen a video on that! Snakes and birds are even worse, but I'm sure you'll have your turn. It looks like a cat may have gotten it's tail. I loved how the wanted to play! Makes you proud.
oh to be a fly on the wall! i am glad Aimee was there to help save the day. You guys are so funny.
Post a Comment