Friday, May 30, 2008

And the winner is..........REALLY??!!??

And the winner is....Nissan Versa Hatchback!
I am still in shock over the whole thing. I know I blogged about the desire my sweet husband had to buy a fuel economic vehicle, but I really and truly just thought it was a phase.....man was I sorely mistaken.
Adam came home with a new car last night....or should I say extra car...yes that truck behind the new car is Adams truck that is still in our possession.
I can't believe it. Usually when doing something like this, we are both totally on board and do major research, get a babysitter and go for it, but this was totally on Adam. All in all I have to say he did a great job. I can't believe the great deal he got and it is actually very roomy, super comfortable and quiet. It will be a great little car even for me to drive around when I don't have the kids. And, Adam's dad is going to drive the truck back and forth to the bakery for now (like 3 miles).
This is the photo Adam sent me from his phone letting me know he got a car.

9 comments:

Molly Jolley said...

Love the new sweet ride and I am really glad you got the hatchback cause it can really remind us girls of our roots..... get HATCHback. ok it sounded funnier in my head:)

jenni bishop said...

Really???
No...just kidding...you really are going to save a lot in gas! How exciting! Do the kids like it?

Reggs said...

Now it just needs a nice set of FLAMES along the side. Hee hee! What a great surprise, a new car.
Did you just step into this photography thing? From what I've seen you look professional! Any tips for us beginners?

caryn said...

rich! (that is a Bishop thing, I couldn't resist :o)I think I voted for that one. What, the truck isn't fun to fill up?

kimhumpherys said...

did adam really have to commute very far in his truck? but hey, now you guys will be laughing at everyone else at the pump!!

Lindsay Klinger said...

Dear Stacey,

My most heartfelt condolences.

Your loving brother-in-law .....

Keith

Les and Cheryl said...

Love Keith's comment. Good job Adam!
Glad to see you made a decision.

Sarah Hull said...

Why does this make me laugh so hard? I can only picture Adam in that big ol' truck and when I think of him in that little car I start laughing.. but I am sure the money saved on gas makes it all worth it!

A new car is always so fun.

Raena Johnson said...

I love it. You guys are our "greenest" friends. Okay, so you are our only "green" friends.Hope you save a lot on gas.