Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Really!!?!!

Adam is not one to just go out and buy something. He rarely uses his ATM card and sometimes has to call for reassurance when he does. However, when he gets his mind set on something he really wants, theres no stopping him.

In attempt to "save" us gas money and maybe "save the planet" from global warming, Adam has decided that he wants to "invest" in a SMALL, fuel economic vehicle (and yes, I realize that Adam is not a small guy).

He has figured out that he spends $17 in gas per day and could cut that down to $4 per day.


After some searching on the internet (and some eye rolling on my part), he kindly called me over to look at some of the options he is interested in. Below is the first picture he showed me. You can just imagine my response....






ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! "That is not a car, it's a golf cart. I am not going to have you killed on the freeway to save a few dollars in gas!!"

Adams response... "but it has a thorax airbag!"


The best part about the SMART CAR, is that he can go to the dealership by himself in his full size Chevy and just put the car in the back. We can even park it next to the playground in the back yard or next to the treadmill in the garage. Really??!!??


Oh, and PS: does the Smartcar remind you of something?.........


REALLY!!???





This is the new MINI Clubman Wagon. I think this one is kinda cool if my mind is even going to go there, but it is also the most expensive. Oh and he likes the option of surfboard racks standard (his surfboard is 11ft...seriously Adam, I'm pretty sure thats not the kind of surfboard they had in mind when designing the racks). Really!!??



Honda FIT. Really!!??



Toyota YARIS. Really??!!

Nissan Versa (Hatchback or Sedan). Really??!!?


Oh yeah, and if you have never heard of these cars before its because...NOBODY BUYS THEM!! And yes, this is not to replace his truck (that is almost paid off by the way). This is just to supplement it. REALLY!!??!!

Please partake of the poll I have on the side and let me know which one you like the best. At least I can amuse myself while I try to figure out how to distract Adam.

8 comments:

austin and cherisse said...

i would say the mini clubman. get something that is cheap and not going to break the bank, point a to point b. no scion. neon yellow smart car is for someone who needs a lot of extra attention. something 4 door.
on a side note, our last name is dyer.

Amanda Weir said...

Ok Stacey and Adam I think the Mini is my pick. I think Adam has a great point. And it would be a car he can take surfing. (no adam didnt pay me to say this.) It was good you see you last night.

jenni bishop said...

Really????

Les and Cheryl said...

I love it. I didn't vote because I have absolutely no idea, about any car, but Les did vote.
Love ya and good luck. Let us know what he decides.

Lindsay Klinger said...

You crack me up. I love on your poll that someone voted for the Smart car. Did adam go online and vote for himself. I would love to see adam try and drive the smart car. That would be a picture for the books. But if you had to choose one I would go with the mini. You might as well have a little style while your saving gas. Don't laugh at the gas savers I am driving a Volkswagon GTI not exactly the cutest car but I save a lot of money on gas and seeing as I comute to work. I was paying like $150 a week on gas. So now Keith gets to drive my Jeep and I get to drive the GTI fun for me!!!!!!!!

Lindsay Klinger said...

Adam -

Hold out for this one, trust me, it will be worth the wait!!!

http://gas2.org/2008/02/14/germans-release-117-mpg-diesel-sportscar-biodiesel-anyone/

Keith

Lindsay Klinger said...

As I was reading through the article I pasted in my last post, I noticed there are currently no plans to bring it to the US - sad.

Another vehicle I would rock in a heartbeat when they come out ......

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/articles/2009-Volkswagen-Jetta-TDI-Preview

ohhhhhh yeah-yah!!!

Keith

Amanda said...

We drove a toyota prius to Utah a few weeks back and we loved it! It is small, but we saved a ton of money on gas!!!!