Sunday, May 25, 2008

Fun with Photoshop and a good friend!

I had so much fun hanging out with Sarah Hull yesterday. I feel like I have known her my whole life. I am so grateful for good friends where it doesn't matter how far away you live, or how long you play phone tag, when you finally get together it is like you just saw them yesterday. That is how it is with Sarah.


As you are aware, I am obsessed with photos right now and I was excited to find an eager friend who wanted to talk pictures and photoshop (not to mention she has a gorgeous newborn. How could I resist?) So I headed to Long Beach to let our combined 6 kids destroy her house (and sometimes each other). Check out Sarah's blog for some of her editing.


For you purists out there who don't think that you should edit photos, take a look below. I have learned that digital photography creates an almost grey film on photos. This is the main reason for editing (and to go crazy of course!). I realize that my editing is a little over the top and in your face but I really like it this way. Other people may like it softer and lighter.

Here are a couple examples:




The first photo is a little dark but can you see the grey film?. As soon as I added brightness, the grey went away and her eyes just popped!


The first photo is cute but he looks so angelic when a little brightness is added.




Sweet Carter is 4 weeks. He was so patient for his little photo shoot.



Ella and Katie

Ella, Carter and Katie

Owen and Ella were so cute together. When we got home, Owen sat on the floor hunched over and crying. When I asked him what was wrong he said "I miss my best friend". Cute now, but not so cute when they are like 16 we'll have to watch out for those two.

Averi and Katie were really excited to see each other again and had a great time playing and always took each others side when the sibling were bugging them.

I'm sure Wade and Carter get into trouble together soon enough!

Sarah and I could not stop talkin about when we were new mothers with one child.......where did time go?

4 comments:

jenni bishop said...

Amazing pictures!!! Absolutely beautiful! I want a new lense...I want Photoshop...I want you to take pictures of my kids...I want...I want...I want!!

Sarah Hull said...

Stacey, I can not thank you enough. We all had such a great time yesterday! I am not joking that last night I had dreams about photoshop! I woke up to nurse Carter and I was like "am I really dreaming about editing pictures right now?" How funny is that! Maybe I am already a bit obsessed! Thank you for teaching me SO MUCH!

So, I feel like Ella has been a bit heartbroken today and asking "whe'd my friend go?" I agree with you we might have a problem on our hands in a few years! However, if they did get married I would so be o.k. with that because we would officially be family and maybe I could get a ticket to the famous mothers day luncheon put on by the Bishop boys(which by the way is a life goal of mine to attend)!

Swimwife said...

Ok Stac you are in for it:) I am coming to visit my sister for four days and I want to make an appt with you!!! please please please!!
you are so wonderful!
love
Staci

Les and Cheryl said...

Good pictures! It's so fun to see them again and catch up with what is going on with everyone. Keep it up! Averi is looking so much older all of a sudden!