I couldn't resist another "make up as you go" song from Kylee and the Hannah Montana theme song from Averi.
Now the gushy part,
1. Mom is unwaivering. She taught us what was right and never rationalized. We never questioned her position, what she expected of us and what we should expect of ourselves. You could, and still can, always feel the Spirit so strong in her home and she made sure there was nothing that would take away from that (ie: Tattoo's and earings - Josh I love you but you know what I'm talkin about!!:0)
2. I love that to this day, she stays awake at night trying to solve all of our problems. I can often recall her saying "so I was thinking last night...." this usually meant that she hardly slept and has been prayerfully seeking guidence on our behalf.
3. She sweats the small stuff. She loves to hear about the silly little things that happen in our lives. She was always awake when we came home during high school and always wanted to hear about everything. And now, I know she'll be excited to hear about the great sale item I picked up or the funny things the kids say.
4. She has incredible faith. She has always quoted "this too shall pass..", which was a simple reminder to have faith of our own.
5. She is supportive. She has always respected my decisions and never made me feel like I wasn't capable of making them on my own.
6. Mom is available. She has flown out on a days notice, she watched our kids for a week for our Mexico trip last year and stayed 2 weeks for Wade's birth. The best part is that she just fills in where I leave off. She is so good at keeping a normal schedule for the kids and I feel so comfortable having her take care of them (you'll have to ask her how comfortable she feels:).
7. Mom always made me feel beautiful (and if you've seen some Jr High photos, you know that this could not have been easy). She always found a way to take us shopping for new school clothes even when we knew there was little money.
8. She loves dad! I love that Friday night was date night even if it meant Burger King and window shopping.
9. She loves her grandkids. She makes each of them feel special and loved (and hey thats not easy when you have 23!). She always sticks up for them. Even when I call and complain about how my kids are acting, she never agrees. She always makes excuses for them like, "he must be tired", "she's been so good though". It makes me feel good that she never has a bad thing to say. They sense that too.
10. She loves her mom. My grandma was diagnosed with cancer a couple months ago and immediately, she and my dad rearranged their home and set up a little appartment for her. She is full of charity.
Now to Gerda,
I can't leave you out of this. I am grateful that you raised such a wonderful son. I am grateful that you were so patient with Don and his spiritual growth and testimony. I am grateful that you took your kids to church every Sunday and taught them to pray. I am grateful that you love me and our kids. I am grateful that you set an unreachable standard for cooking and that you feed us on a regular basis. I am grateful that you are a pro shopper and always seem to find the best deals, for the perfect clothes item that fits just right (again an unreachable standard). I am grateful that you hand sew my kids favorite blankets and that you fix them as the start to fall apart. I am grateful that you have a neverending supply of popsicles. I am grateful that you sacrificed time with your husband (for the bakery) so that we don't have to. I am grateful that you love the Lord. I love you, Happy Mother's Day!






3 comments:
Ok you totally mad me cry with all of that mom stuff we really do have the best mom. How did we get so lucky. I loved Averie's singing. Such emotion. Owen has quite the booty shake as well. I loved it.
Stacey, that was beautiful. When I looked at the blog yesterday, I just looked at the pictures and listened to the video's. I really needed to see what you said, and I did cry. Thank you very much for thinking all of those things. That really made me feel good. Life has been easier having such great kids and seeing what great parents they have become.
I love you
Mom
ok awesome job on the list about mom. she really is great and we are so lucky. but i am a little mad that i didnt think of it first. whatever i guess i will get over it. it kinda reminds me when we would fight at church on who got to sit next to mom in sacrament meeting. you got this time but just watch your back for next time :) love ya
Post a Comment