Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ode to Mexico

Last year today, Adam and I were kissing the kids goodbye (mom too :) and heading to Texas to meet Keith and Lindsay to then fly to Cancun Mexico (a small tear rolls down my cheek). I love my newly expanded family of 5 but as I sit here in my pj's feeling like my body is waging a war against my efforts to lose the baby weight and Owen spills the milk that he swore he wouldn't spill, I cannot help but reminisce of the great time we had. Here are just a few pics.



We stayed an awesome resort in Playa Del Carmen. Here are some things I remember the most.
All inclusive food and drinks 24/7
Sipping Pinatas and Frescadas on the beach (non alcoholic pina coladas and strawberry daquari's. We drank these constantly)
Adam and Keith's ping pong tournaments and repetative gay talk
blistering sun burns
Cichen..wait for it...Itza (awesome ruins)
Downtown shopping
Adam speaking Spanish to locals and hooking up good deals
snorkling
Massages and Adam and Keith being nervous for theirs (they felt really vulnerable in another country)
Spending well deserved and much needed time with my sweet hubby! (Keith and Lindsay, you were pretty fun too :)

7 comments:

Lindsay Klinger said...

Oh Tear. I so wish I could be there right now. Keith and I are already starting to plan our vacation for next year. Are you guys in? We had such a great time with you last year. We thought we could either go to the same place and finish the things we didn't do last time or go some were else like Belis. Any suggestions.

Lindsay Klinger said...

Sorry I just noticed I spelt Belize wrong. I guess that is what I get for typing to fast and not proof reading.

Molly Jolley said...

wow really wish I could have been there I know you guys are bff and all but really. Thats ok Whitnie and I are already planning our trip together:)Just kidding I guess giving birth to Ashlyn was well worth not being able to go last time but we are for sure in next time.

kimhumpherys said...

a massage without speaking the language..totally vulnerable! i think your trip was worth it for the drinks and beach..too fun! maybe i can come one year you do a friend thing..he,he..:)

Lindsay Klinger said...

We didn't just go snorkling - we went ess .......... wait for it ........ snorkling (The Mexicans can't say any word that begins with "s" without adding an "ess" to it first - kind of funny really!)

- Keith

Lindsay Klinger said...

Kim you should totally come i think it would be fun. I will let you know when we finalize our plans.

Les and Cheryl said...

Heck with Kim, maybe I should come. Oh, but wait who would baby sit. I hope you guys get to go again. Actually, I love having the kids all to myself, well at least for a while. Kind of glad when I know your coming back in a few days.