Friday, July 11, 2008

Weight Watchers.....Really!!??!

So, I am doing Weight Watchers online to help get off the baby weight. I know it works because it helped me get all of the weight off with Owen. I am committed to the process and know that if I keep in my daily points value and exercise, I will definately lose the weight. Anyway, I was on the website today because I was needing a little motivation or I was going to finish the big tub of red licorice on the counter.....and then head to the freezer for some chocolate chips. I like to browse before and after pictures and articles. I came across some message board postings from other weight watchers users and started to read some suggestions for good snacks/meals.

I seriously think these people are derranged. One girl asked for some snack ideas because she was having a really hard time with chocolate cravings. Some of the rediculous comments were..

Just try some carrots and ranch
Celery with PB does it for me
A hard boiled egg
a square of cheese and melba toast

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!! Don't act like you are skinny and don't eat crap or you wouldn't be on Weight Watchers. I'd seriously rather have someone tell me to binge and purge than eat a hard boiled egg when I'm craving chocolate. This is seriously why I cannot handle the meetings.

Am I being too harsh? Well, I'm off to eat a salad for lunch and then peak in on Wade sleeping so I can remind myself that he is totally worth it!

9 comments:

Raena Johnson said...

Waaaaaitt a minute . . . my all-time favorite is, "when you crave something sweet like candy, eat a piece a fruit!!!!!!!!!!" You have go to be friggin' kidding me! I almost decided to boycott fruit all together just because I hate that piece of advice so much.

By the way, skittles or apple? Big difference.

jenni bishop said...

What about Aimee's "chocolate cake mix mixed with a can of coke" cupcakes. Those are only a few points and they are pretty good! My sister left some Weight Watchers coffee latte popsicles and toffee crunch ice cream bars in my freezer (1-2 points) They are soooo good!
Aaron just made totally fattening chocolate chip cookies (trying to copy Caryn...not working)...but still really good! So much for the Weight Watcher crap...the cookies are just popping right into my mouth. Making them small does not really help...I just eat like 10!!
Wow! Mention food and my comments are a million lines long!!

Swimwife said...

Ok Jenni Bishop is not allowed to comment about Weight Watchers. She eats everything and is skinny...love you sissy!! Ok Stac, I am a Weight Watchers junkie. I know that when I do the program it really works. But to be honest I have a hard time staying consistent. It was soooo much easier before husband and kids:) Especially my husband who eats a gallon of ice cream a week and has a six pack!! ANNOYING! I do love my sisters suggestion about the ice cream bars. The Latte and Chocolate bars are my favorite. And I love Skinny Cows..they really get me through the cravings. I was encouraged when I read your blog. I have been trying to count points this week and messed up a little today when we hit Wendys for lunch (love those frosties:) I am back to counting:)

Swimwife said...

One more fav...Starbucks Grande Caramel Light Frapaccino= 3pts! Yummy...I love coffee:)

caryn said...

Jenni, I love you too...but you are a skinny minny...I love when they say, if you feel like something sweet, snack on baby carrots. What the? Polar opposite foods in my book. You go Stacey and Staci...I feel inspired by your dedication.

Molly Jolley said...

thats go funny. i think the hard boiled egg is my favorite. im sure that if you want chocolate that an egg is really going to do justice. What are these people thinking. ps i just eat like 4 cookies so dont feel bad about the licorice cause i think the cookies might be a little more points :)

Sara said...

Stacey that is hilarious, but Wade is worth it and at least you have boobs! (it's okay if you decide to censor me) Love Sara

Amanda said...

I'm laughing! haha! That was good!

I have done weight watchers before and I really love it. They even have a program for breastfeeding Moms. you get like 10 extra points! NICE!

Good luck with things! Have you heard of dotti's weight loss zone? www.dwlz.com there is a section for points values for fast food. it is really handy!

Good luck!

Lisa said...

I am on WW too! I have a weight loss website if you want to check it out...
www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com