Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Adam......The day after!

Brian O'Neill, Adam, Bryant Hull
We had a nice day yesterday for Adam's Birthday. After he got home from the bakery, we drove out to San Clemente to meet up with the Hull family. The rest of the day was filled with Surfing and friends.
in the sport of drawing things out as long as possible, I thought I would just tell you some things you may not know about Adam.....
  • He is the life of the party. Wherever he is, you know that he will make it a fun time. He seriously can light up a room with laughter and smiles in the matter of minutes.
  • He loves people. Yes, he is one of those people that strike up conversation with the stranger in the line at the grocery store. I am amazed at how many random people remember his name.
  • He is a wheeler-dealer. He uses his ability to converse with people to unknowingly get them to give the most random deals. For example, we were at a sunglasses store looking for glasses. By the time we left, he had purchased his favorite pair of glasses with the sales clerks employee discount.
  • He is a money saver. The guy rarely uses even an ATM card because plastic just makes him break out in a sweat. He saves quarters like nobody's business (even if it means stealing them from family members..sorry Molly and Amanda). His quarter saving has paid for a big screen TV, helped with 2 downpayments on homes and much more.
  • He is a dancing machine. While all of the other "cool guys" stood along the side of the dance floor, Adam was always in the middle breaking it down. He loves music and you can even catch him busting a move in the bakery when a "sweet" song comes on. He has passed this love to our kids and they love to turn on music and just dance.
  • He is terrible at lyrics. He comes up with the most rediculous lyrics to songs that just make no sense. I have really had to explain to him that most songs have a story so if it doesn't make sense, it's probably the wrong words.
  • He is addicted to the TIVO. He rewinds like no one's business and drives me crazy when I am in the middle of something and calls me in to re-watch something totally irrelevant. He can't stand commercials so he often just pauses during them and acts like he wants to spend quality time with me during the 2.2 minutes.
  • He is a FANatic!! He has learned the love of sports teams from his brothers and his mood is literally determined by the outcome of sporting events. Our house goes absolutely crazy during football season and you will often find the kids shouting out "GO PITT". His teams are...Steelers, Lakers, USC, Dodgers (he also likes the Yankees because they are a classy team).
  • He is a mommas boy. He loves his mom and shares a special bond with her.
  • He has a "green thumb". He grew up in the yard with his dad and has taken the pride of green grass, perfect mowing lines and planting, into his own yard. He makes up his own formulas of fertilizer and has started "greenest grass wars" with both of the blocks we have lived on.
  • He is ultra competitive. I am too and this makes for so serious trash talking when we play sports or games. He is not the kind of guy that would let a girl win just because (I love this about him....except for when I lose).
  • He is the best!! He loves me, he loves our kids, he loves the Lord. He is so dedicated to everything he does...the bakery, his 2 church callings, our family. He is self motivated and I know that he will continue to do great things!

4 comments:

caryn said...

I am all teary-eyed. I think the lyric thing runs in the family...drives Dave crazy! And he has got PLENTY of quarters from me. Love you Adam.
Oh yeah...I need to add that he is a secret tormenter...suddenly people are crying and going crazy around him, but he says he didin't do anything. He has always been like that...my sisters will back me up and my kids, too. But I think, in a strange way, it makes us love him more.

Amanda Weir said...

Stacey I think you covered everything. Adam I hope you had a great day.....Caryn thank you for that comment...we have all cried a few tears caused by Adam. But, WE LOVE YOU ADAM!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Adam! Sorry we missed the beach day- I am sure it was fun! You have always been teh life of the party!

Les and Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Adam! Promise your gift is coming, we were out of town. Stacey is right. You are a great guy. Your kids love you and you always give them their special time and show them how much you appreciate them and their individual personality. I know and have seen that you are Averi's Prince Charming. I see how Owen is ready to get to work the minute you get home. And how can you not snuggle Wade. Most of all I appreciate the love and caring you show to Stacey and how thoughtful you can be. Les just appreciates that your a Laker's fan. That's all it takes.