Monday, July 7, 2008

Fun, Family and Fireworks!

What a weekend! We celebrated the 4th of July "Schramm Style". Caryn and Dave and the clan invited all of us up to Elk Grove (Sacramento area) for a weekend of FUN!!

We started off our weekend with the Elk Grove 5k! We all ran the entire way!! (that may be no big deal for most but I am definately not a runner). My cheeks were red for most of the day and I was definately sore (Aimee too :). Now if I could just finish getting rid of the baby weight, I'd love to do it again soon!
The rest of the weekend was full of family, food, water, sun, food, sunscreen, fireworks, food, dancing, laughing, food, a few sad moments (Owen), apricot pies from Aaron, water balloon launching, and food! I had too many fun photos to share so I'll just let the weekend speak for itself! Enjoy while I head to the treadmill to work off the food.









during the many festivities, we attempted to get a photo of all of the grandkids in their "Old Town Baking Co." shirts around grandpa so we could hang it in the bakery.....what an undertaking!!





Thank you Caryn for a trip to remember. You were an amazing hostess to all of us!!
PS: As we were getting ready to leave, Jenni and I had a little bet going of who was going to leave behind the least stuff. I was feeling pretty confident until we got home and received a phone call from Caryn saying that we had left Averi's beloved blanket......I guess no matter what else is left, we lose.
Thanks Caryn, for taking a trip to the post office for us!

5 comments:

jenni bishop said...

Yes, you did lose! But you are still a winner in my book...running that 5K...good thing we hadn't gotten there yet!
Great pictures! Fun weekend!

Lindsay Klinger said...

What a fun weekend. Great pictures. arn't big families the best.

caryn said...

We loved having you...and Averi's blanket is already in the mail. Love the pictures! And we still need a photo shoot...maybe next time.

Sarah Hull said...

So much fun! First off, you had a baby yesterday and look at you and your little running self! I am so impressed. I am giving myself at least a year and trying to milk the "I just had a baby" as long as I can! You put me to shame. Now I need to seriously get my butt in gear. thanks alot.

So I am Loving the picture with all the grandkids around Gerta and Don. too cute!

What a super fun weekend... however, can we please hang out next 4th? This is two missed fourth's in a row and i am getting a bit sad about it.

Les and Cheryl said...

Thanks for all the pictures. Makes us feel like we were almost there. Love the Owen pictures, especially the bottom one. I can't wait to hold Wade again. He is so cute. Averi is looking so tall. I can't believe Amee's baby looks so big.