Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I've been tagged!

RULES: Answer questions, tag 5 people then go to their blog and leave them a comment reminding them.

10 years ago...

I was living in Redondo Beach with my awsome sister Lindsay, writing Adam on his mission and going to school and playing volleyball at Cal State Dominguez Hills (AKA Cal State Compton; seriously, it's the second compton exit on the 91 freeway. If you look at a map, they drew boundries around the school to exclude it from Compton but in my heart I knew where I was and where I belonged :).

oh to look good in spandex again!


5 places I've lived:

1) Arizona - birth place
2) Colorado
3) Oregon
4) Upland, CA
5) Redondo/Huntington Beach, CA


5 things to do today:

1) Pretend that I'm not exhausted from nursing all night
2) Pick Averi up from preschool
3) Go to the store
4) Go to Adam's soccer game (team old town baking company - blog to follow soon)
5) Do some work for the bakery at home (while watching American Idol of course)


Jobs I've Had:

Taxware - of course
Big 5 sporting goods
The Beach House at Hermosa Hotel
The Sports Club Irvine - Physical therapy
Via Verde Country Club
Los Osos Volleyball coach
Old Town Baking Co.
Mother!!


Snacks I can't live without

1) Reeses butter cups - my kryptonite
2) Caryns chocolate chip cookies - Adam's are definately second
3) lets be honest, pretty much anything that has chocolate in it!


What we would do with billions of dollars:

1) Pay off our house and move to a bigger one. Oh and buy a 2nd home on the beach
2) Pay off cars and buy Adam the mini cooper wagon he wants - I know its weird. He claims its to save gas.
3) Hire a housecleaner
4)Hire a nanny - I don't need one every day but seriously, after the grocery store trip with all three, well, lets just say I won't be trying that for a while.
5)Buy plane tickets to see my family whenever I want - and have the ability to buy out first class so I don't have to get the "Oh please don't sit by me" looks when I enter the plane with my kids.


5 Things you may not know about me:

1) I hate reading. I can read but I just don't find pleasure in it. I do actually like reading books that are informative like Anatomy, photography, kids. I just can't sit and read a novel.

2) I can move my second toe without moving any other toes. Ask Lindsay. She can remember when I was studying for an Anatomy test in school and I suddenly found that I had this mind over matter talent. I was obviously desperate to do anything but study.

3) I am an agressive driver. I feel powerful when I drive and will excessively use my horn if you are annoying me.

4) I can come up with the most rediculous and resourceful ideas. It mostly comes from procrastination. I will use random things around the house for serving food or somehow relate a stick or a rock to the scriptures and then use it as a handout. My young women and leaders are always amazed at how I can relate almost anything. I think I get that from mom.

5) I am pretty good at putting things together and figuring stuff out. My grandma Udy used to call me "the mechanical one" when I was like 8 years old. I guess it stuck. I put most things together in our house and can fix most electronic/computer issues within reason. I love that I am tech support for Adam's family.


10 years from now...

Wow, I hope that the bakery will still be going strong and expanding. We will be settled in the home that we want to grow old in, enjoying our children and being involved in all of their activities. We will continue to be strong in the church and building our testimonies and watching our children build their knowledge and love for the gospel and scriptures. Oh yeah and maybe we'll be going on an awsome trip to anywhere in the world to celebrate.

Okay, I tag.. Molly, Mom, Melissa, Sara Smart, Caryn and Staci .....Have fun!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cool that you wrote Adam on his mission. My parents did too. I wrote a missionary, then served a mission, then found Jon and married him.

Lindsay Klinger said...

Oh Rodondo beach. It sounds like it is a nice place to live, and I suppose there are nice parts, but lets face it. Our neighbor hood was Ghetto. Good times.

Molly Jolley said...

really wish i was mentioned in your blog i mean i know u and lindsay are "Best Friends" or what ever but really not even 1 little thing about me thats ok cause my blog i will just talk about me and whitnie :) J/K hahahahahahaha love ya

Sarah Hull said...

The mini cooper is pretty much killing bryant and I!!! We just can't picture Adam zipping around town, singing Disney songs driving his little yellow bumble bee car!!!

I loved your tag blog. It was fun to learn more about you. Next time we hang out you'll have to show us your toe talent!

Melissa said...

I cannot see Adam driving a mini cooper, does he even fit in it? I love the old school pictures. I will respond to your "tag" sometime soon...

maren bosley said...

Oh the volleyball memories. We were hot stuff freshmen year. Actually, you really were. I remember practicing "bumping" the volleyball back and forth in your front yard forever. Yeah, we were serious players.