Friday, January 2, 2009

An Ode to a Tradition

When we were first married, 8 years ago, Ladd and Melissa invited us to their family cabin for New Years. When Bryant and Sarah tied the knot that next year, we all went up to the cabin again for New Years Eve to celebrate our newly pregnant bellies (oh man I wish I had the energy to find pictures).
This year, with a combined 7 kids, we traveled up to Big Bear again to remind ourselves that it's not as easy to celebrate on a whim with a truck load of kids. But...
We had so much fun!!
Adam decided to take on the challenge of shovelling the driveway.....blisters ensued:/


So here it is! Our fest and NO there were not any sides. We ate MEAT and only MEAT. We were literally sweating after eating this meal but it was worth it. Adam did such a great job planning and seasoning the PRIME RIB ROAST. I stuck to boiling the KING CRAB LEGS.
uh...yes that is IBC (just if you were wondering). Although if I was a drinker.....nevermind:)


Adam recalls visiting the Hoyal family cabin a lot throughout his growing up years and the one constant?....DINTY MOORE STEW. The words Cabin and Dinty Moore stew are synonymous for Adam. We maybe would have partaken but we were sort of MEATED out and.......it expired in 2006:)
Owen was his normal manic self with pouty faces like this, turning into all smiles and eating snow!
Every time I see this photo, I cringe. Poor Ella got a nasty scraped up cheek from this fall. But Sarah held true to her calling as mother and photographer. She kept on snappin away knowing there wasn't much else she could do.


New Years Eve consisted mostly of.......





Thanks Ladd and Melissa for letting us CROWD your cabin!!




YES, the sweater has a story.....Basically, it was Sarah's Grandfathers and Adam borrowed it at their beach house just days before 9/11. It has since been passed down to Adam and he wears it with PRIDE!!


Oh and I promise that Wade was there, but thankfully he was napping in the house right next to us sledding. Here is a tribute picture of him last week when we went to the snow.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so glad we went for it this year. Thanks again for the delicious food. We had a great time and look forward to it again! Have fun in 2009.

Sarah Hull said...

I'm still tired, but it was way worth it! We really are brave souls to tackle and embrace that experience. I would like to give high fives all around to those involved!

I love all the pictures... especially the meat ones! YUM!!!

Now, off to think about maybe starting my snow laundry... which is STILL in the basket! Urg.

Thanks for the fun times! As always!

Disneyland anyone???

Les and Cheryl said...

That looks like so much fun! What great memories for all of you. It's great to have such good friends.

Sarah Hull said...

It is great to have such good friends!

Sorry, one more comment... that picture of ladd with the pool stick, it looks like he is praying over what ball to hit in next! It cracked me up!

One more thing... today at church a sister came up to me and said she found my blog from your comment on pea in a pod ??? and then went to your blog and loved all of your photos and then saw my name and that is how she found my blog. So, thank you for being popular and fabulous.

Lindsay Klinger said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I am loving Wades jacket too cute.

Molly Jolley said...

looks like a fun night. I love adams sweater its the best. and i think wades pic is my favorte. love the camo jacket so cute

PJ Stooks said...

Adam and Stacey,

Great Picts. It's nice to see that everyone had a great time. I hope all is well you guys and the kids. Just dropping a line and letting you know that I just didn't disappear.