Saturday, January 10, 2009

50 billion dollar industry...

Any one who knows me, knows that I am a consumer.....okay I'll say it.....slut. Come up with a product, have Billy Mayes as your spokesperson, and I will give it a whirl. The problem is, my kids have inherited the gene.
I promise we don't have the TV on all day but seriously, this commercial is CONSTANTLY on. Owen and Averi asked if they could do chores to earn money so they could buy this for my birthday.
Averi said "mom, it's like a blanket with sleeves!! If you need to reach for the phone you won't be cold and it comes in lots of colors".........so sad. The whole time, Owen sat there nodding his head in agreement.
REALLY??!!?? or..............just use a blanket.


Owen had Averi pause the TV and came in the other room to get me so I could see how much extra space the Hanger Cascader saves.
Averi said to me a couple of days ago with a frustrated face, "mom, you never got the Aqua Globe. You just press it into the soil and it waters your plants for you". Ummm...first of all, what kid says "just press it in to the soil"?....ugh.

Oh, and.....yes, I got my kids Bendaroos for Christmas. I can't help it.

11 comments:

caryn said...

Oh Stac, my kids CONSTANTLY are asking about the blanket with sleeves...the worst ever! That is too funny.
I must ask how the Bendaroos are working out?

Sarah Hull said...

You had me laughing out loud. I loved the "and Owen just sat their nodding.." SO FUNNY! I also love that Averi knows how to "Pause" I must teach Katie that skill since they are always telling me to "Pause it mom!"

Katie just said to me yesterday "UHG, MOM, You never got me Bendaroos!!!"

Reggs said...

HA HA!!! Stacey you are so funny. I think I must be your consumer slut twin. I have the dryer balls (that are supposed to cut down on your drying time and save on gas costs. Not true, but the dog plays with them) and the SHAMWOW! Oh yah and I just bought those bumpits. I'm shameless.

Danica said...

Haha, that's awesome. I must say I've been planning on getting the Aqua Globes for my mom for quite some time now! I also love the Owen nodding part.

Jennifer said...

The Bendaroos was on ALL THE TIME in December. According to the LONG ad, you could do anything with them. So? Are they amazing? Do your kids love 'em????

Karyn said...

My 7 year old daughter asked for the snuggie for Christmas. There MUST be some subliminal message in there that entrances kids. My kids also wanted the bendaroos, you'll have to let us know if they work or not. We did get the moon sand and it sucks.

Amanda said...

I'm a huge fan of infomercials. Ask my husband. I'm obsessed with the xpress jet 101...i got one for christmas and I love it!

Have you seen the newest thing from billy mayes the "big city slider"? gotta have it! haha

Cute post!

Stacey Bishop said...

I have to say that when the Bendaroos first came, I was thinking.."okay so basically it is yarn with wax over it". But honestly, the kids love them. Averi takes them in her room and piece by piece makes big flowers and things on her walls. They come off really easy.

I love, love MIGHTY PUTTY and I really want to try that special glue that bonds fabric and other things. This may just have to be an on going post :)

Les and Cheryl said...

Ok I was waiting for you to try the glue first to see how it works. As far as the snuggle, couldn't you just wear your robe backwards. My favorite ad is when they all wear the snuggle to the game. Wouldn't your back get cold? Wouldn't a coat and a blanket be better?

Melissa said...

Whenever I see an infomercial the first thought that comes to my mind is Stacey Bishop. So funny that you posted about it!

Rangi said...

Stacey, that is hilarious.I had no idea you were so bad. Love Sara