Anyone who knows Adam, is aware of his Ultimate Fan status! He is a die hard Steelers fan. This is a big week for him. He is prepped for a new Steelers wear for every day leading up to the big game. Stay tuned:)!
We've really tried really concentrate on Family Home Evenings in our home. Luckily, Lindsay (as an awesome Christmas gift a couple years back) made us a whole kit with tons of games and lessons in it.
I just have to give some props to my MOM for always having Family Home Evening. I realize now, how difficult it can be especially keeping the kids on task.
Opening song of choice?.... "Once there was a Snowman"....Okay:/
I asked Owen, "Do you know what the Holy Ghost is?"
He answered, "Uh, well, I think SHE:) is like a ghost or something, but like a nice one".
Averi chimed right in and helped to teach him. It was really cute.
Adam made an analogy of a flashlight helping us find our way. Soon, Averi and Owen were talking about lights and their rooms and tunnels and caves and.......etc. They got off task pretty quickly.
Dads job? He had treats tonight!! He brought home Jolly Jogurt!! It was a big surprise after the lesson!
Owen has treats next week and wants to get sour strings.....Awesome!!:/
I am realizing how important FHE is. The last few weeks has sparked some really great conversation with the kids. I love that during the week, we can refer back to what they learned in the lesson.
Please, Please tell me if you have any great ideas for FHE!!




2 comments:
I am so glad you are using those FHE kits I thought they looked like a lot o fun plus I gave myself major blisters cutting everything out =)
I'm glad your realizing the importance of family home evening. It's so good to start now so when they are teenagers, it's becomes just what you do. You can bring up subjects and it doesn't seem like your yelling at them or lecturing them. Actually I think they just like the treats.
Good Luck Adam! We're having a super bowl party at our house just as a support for you. We'll be cheering for the Steelers. Well Les will, I'll probably be playing cards.
loves
Post a Comment