Friday, January 18, 2008

And counting...........

OK so I am 2 weeks from my due date and hardly want to go outside for fear I will get the "wow you look like you are about to pop" comments. I also would like to mention that nothing fits and although my shirts look like they cover my stomach, if you were to crouch down and look under my belly, you would surely see that they do not. My belly button is sore and stretched to capacity and I swear I hit it on everything. I am breaking out on my face like a teenager and my sweet husband constantly swears that he knows how to kick start my labor, if you know what I mean. Any suggestions on how to survive the last two weeks (hopefully I won't go that long) or things that will help induce labor?

7 comments:

Molly Jolley said...

Well I wish I had some good advise for starting your labor, but since I was induced 3 days AFTER my due date with Ashlyn I just dont thing I am the best person to talk to:) good luck I cant wait for the new addition to our family love ya

maren bosley said...

Ditto what molly said. I have a good track record of late babies--3, 4, and 4 days late. My husband thinks the same thing. It doesn't work :) Good luck! Were you early with the others?

Stacey Bishop said...

No, I wasn't early. I went into labor on Averi's due date and was induced a week early with Owen because of blood pressure. I don't have super high hopes for going early.

Lindsay Klinger said...

I think Adam, being an inspired priesthood leader, has the best advice. The priesthood has never let me down! - Keith

Amanda said...

Hi Stacy and Adam, this is Amanda Miller (Davies is my married name). I was in the Alta Loma 2nd ward. I graduated in 99. I was in high shcool with Adam, he was always so funny! Anyways, I found your blog through Debbie Nelson. You probably won't remember me. We wennt to camp together. But I found your blog and your family is gorgeous!!!! I hope you don't mind me posting!

I just had to post. I just had a baby almost 5 months ago! I worked at the hospital where I delivered my baby. I went to work on my due date. It was horrible. I was drinking red raspberry leaf tea like crazy, it did help me go into labor. I ended up having to have an emergency c-section...long story. Anyways, people would say to me "WOW! your pregnancy has gone so slow for me..." or my favorite was "It is your due date and you haven't had your baby yet?" you just don't say things like that to a very pregnant woman!

I did lunges and squats, not sure it helped.

My husband totally thought that he could put me into labor. too funny!

Good luck! Here's to a fast safe and healthy delivery! Your other babies are so beautiful, well done!

caryn said...

I can't wait for the phone call!

Sarah Hull said...

Bryant can't stop lauging about Adam "trying" to "help" kick start labor... and I can't stop wanting to cry for you because I know how you feel.
Good luck.