Averi and Kylee had their first Ayso game on Saturday. Averi had a tough time with the excitement and encouragement of her coaches (Adam and Mike) and mistook it for yelling. She crossed her arms and tears flowed as she walked to the sidelines saying "but dad, you keep shouting at me."
Adam had a heart to heart with her and explained that he and Mike were just helping her to know what to do and cheering her on (then he told her to suck it up and get in there - gotta love dads:).
Kylee was a hustler on the field and scored 2 goals for the team. Averi was just as excited because she felt like she helped. I love how focused Kylee is. There was a girl that was really good on the other team and Kylee was not afraid to take her on! I really think soccer is going to be one of the many things she's good at.
On a side note, Adam informed me that Averi will no longer wear pig tails because she kept watching them move around in her shadow during the game.
Tonight while we were at Adam's parents house and discussing the game, Averi chimed in with what she needs to do next game. She's really excited about it. she is just realizing that when someone else has the ball, you don't have to share, just go get it from them. She liked this concept :)



7 comments:
She is too adorable. I think she might have inherited the Hatch Family Athletic skills Sorry Adam!!!!
I love the picture in my mind of averi looking at her pigtails in her shadow. it cracks me up. she is to cute
Love those pictures! I don't believe you...I think Adam and Mike were yelling at her (Mr. and Mr. Competitive!)...just kidding! You really captured some great moments!!!
I love how she was busy watching the shadow. TOO CUTE!!!
what a sweet heart. Keep us posted on how she does.
Adam...yell...no way. I'd be crying, too :) Good luck with the ponytail this week.
I love Averi's face! Good luck tomorrow.
Post a Comment