Today was the Primary presentation in our ward. After a fun pizza party and practice yesterday, Averi was prepped and ready. Then, after dinner, she was practicing some of her songs and was forgetting the words. She broke down in tears and was very concerned about how she would do. Her little personality cracks me up (and stresses me out :). She is incredibly self motivated and takes everything very seriously.
.
This year the Primary Presidency did something a little different. They had all of the kids write their own parts with their parents. It was really fun to hear all of the talks and know that they came from their heart.
.
Averi played a big role in her little talk. We though about what she has learned in Primary and she was the one who came up with this:
.
"At Primary, we learned about The Priesthood. At first, I was nervous to start Kindergarten. My dad gave me a father's blessing to not feel scared, make new friends and learn new things. I'm grateful for The Priesthood."
.
How cute!! Earlier this week I told her that we needed to work on trying to memorize her part. She immediately began reciting most of it from memory. She had been working on it on her own!!
.
I get it MOM!! I always rolled my eyes when my mom would sit in the congregation and ball her eyes out when we were singing or speaking for Primary (especially when we sang "Love is Spoken Here"). I sat there today, watching my baby singing her heart out about her love for The Savior, and cried like a baby.
.
She said her part at the microphone like a champ!
Next year = Owen too!!



3 comments:
I know, I still get teary eyed when I see kids in our ward perform, because it seems like only a short time ago, I watched all you kids perform. Time goes by quickly. Enjoy it.
Having been in Primary the past 3 years, we always have a behind the scene look. And I am hear to tell you that it is always a miracle and that one sacrament meeting is always the best one of the year.
I am glad Averi did great. Ours is next week. And Spencer loves to get a reaction from the crowd. He hasn't failed yet. At practice last week, he had the kids clapping for him after his impromptu talk on tithing.
What a doll! I love Averi's priesthood story.
I also love when kids are self motivated for something you actually want them to do!
Post a Comment