Friday, September 12, 2008

Crafty suzies and.....I'm officially a soccer mom!

Yesterday, the kids and I went to visit my good friend Raena and her kids. We always have so much fun together and our kids have a great time too. Raena and I, for some reason decided to be cute housewives and I crafted with leftover supplies for the Young Womens activity I planned for the night before and Raena fixed a yummy dinner and dessert. It was fun playing the role for the day but I think I'll go back to eating bon bons and watching soap operas :)
Thanks to Danica, I found this cool tutorial on how to make these necklace charms out of Scrabble tiles and scrapbooking paper. You can't tell by the picture, but they have epoxy stuff on the top so they are super shiny and rounded on the top.
Basically, we were kicking ourselves that we didn't take a picture of the kids when I first got there. Instead, here is how they looked right before we left......pretty sad :)

also...
Averi and Kylee (cousin) are on the same team for Ayso soccer this year. Their first game is tomorrow!! Mike and Adam are coaches and since Aimee basically recruited me to help with team mom duties, we were in charge of making the banner for the team (because the girl teams are small, we really couldn't warrant spending $100+ on the banner). Not bad for throwing something together.
Please don't ask about the name. We had to come up with something in a pinch and have basically been kicking ourselves ever since. Kylee denies that this is their team name and goes around calling the team "soccer sista's".
Oh, and the ice cream scoop was suppose to be a soccer ball but we got really tired thinking of cutting out a bunch of hexagonal shapes....do you blame us?
Uh, don't mind pouty Owen. It's been tough watching Averi start so much stuff this year. He will start stuff soon!!

1 comments:

Danica said...

Stinkin' cute!! Someday I'll get to that tutorial myself. Doing it as a YW activity's a great idea.