Averi has earned a sticker every day since school started and every day we come home and she puts it on a poster board and saves it. These stickers are a representation of doing well in school to her and they are very important. She plans to fill the board, both sides:).
When Averi came out of the classroom after school today, I could immediately tell on her face that something was wrong. She looked up at me with tear filled eyes and told me that she didn't get a sticker today.
Apparently, at some point during center time, she ran in the classroom.
I told her that we make mistakes and she forgot that rule but now she knows and will never do it again.
She then went on to tell me that she doesn't feel like a real Kindergartener and that she's affraid she won't be ready for 1st grade. What pressure and stress at such a young age. She talked to her dad and he made it all better. He even promised to take her to ice cream all by herself to talk about it....shhhh don't tell Owen and Wade.
What can you remember getting in trouble for in elementary school?



11 comments:
I am devastated! Poor Averi! Tell her to come see Auntie Jenni...I'll give her a sticker...I teach Kindergarten!
To answer your question...I got in trouble all the time for talking! I was on behavior contracts, etc. Surprised?
Cute little Averi. I remember once two boys were chasing me during recess, and I let them both get close and then I moved and they bonked heads. I had to sit on the wall.
I never got in trouble ....... ever! By the way, have you given any further consideration to purchasing that ocean front property in Arizona from me? It's such a good deal!!!
- Keith
Well being that i was a perfect child it was really hard for me to think of something:) no i had to pull my card because i was running after a boy in my class but the only reason why was because he keep pulling my ponytail what a trouble maker he was;)
So sad it makes me want to cry. I usually got in trouble for talking. I know shocker a hatch getting in trouble for talking. Also once I got in trouble for throwing sand in a boys eyes because he was chasing me. =)
So I was all pumped up about sending Katie off to kindergarten and now I am in tears. I might have to make an annonymous call to Averi's teacher just to tell her how sticker worthy that sweet girl is! My heart is broken.
I have to go. I need to research home schooling.... where stickers are given EVERYDAY and you can run in your classroom!!
I love Averi because she is so funny, I can totally see her face! I will miss her this year. Oh and by the way I also live like three doors away from the school and can't seem to be on time past the first day of school, so don't beat yourself up over it. Oh and I got in trouble for laughing at the librarian when she yelled! Love Sara
I was scared to death of getting in trouble at school! I got my name on the board once through all of elementary school. It was in first grade, for talking, and I still remember the dress that I was wearing. I never wore it again!
Tell Averi next time she comes over, I will give her stickers and she can run in our school room!
O how sad is that! Kenzie just started kindergarten too last week! We are old!!!!!
O how sad is that! Kenzie just started kindergarten too last week! We are old!!!!!
She's so cute, I bet she could charm her way into 1st grade!
I got in trouble in elementary school for rubber cementing my desk closed. (We had those kinds that would flip up). Good times.
Post a Comment