Sunday, February 3, 2008

Wade McIrwin Bishop!

Wade came Saturday Feb 2nd at 4:22am (groundhogs day:) He is 8lbs 12oz (way larger than Averi and Owen who were both under 7 1/2 lbs) He is 21 1/4in long. He must have been anxious to see us because he came out facing up (the wrong way). Labor was really rough. For some reason my body doesn't take well to Epidurals, but just look at him, he's totally worth it.
He's super mellow. The nurses commented on how content he is. Let's hope it's not the calm befor the storm:)


Owen took things really well. He was very anxious to hold him and was very gentle. When we got home today, Owen couldn't wait to give the baby all of the toys we had saved back for him. I think Owen was a little dissappointed that Wade wasn't too interested.
Averi has been the perfect big sister. She has been nothing but soft, sweet and gentle and loves to explain things about the baby to Owen in her motherly voice.
Adams parents were so anxious to see him.
My mom came with Aimee in the morning to see Wade. My mom is a lifesaver and came early to be with Averi and Owen. It has made the transition so much easier knowing that the kids were in such good hands.
This photo is only included because I promised that I would not exclude the awful mom picture right after birth. Why do we torture ourselves with these photos? No matter how much waterproof mascara or bobby pins you wear before labor, every picture pretty much looks the same.



12 comments:

maren bosley said...

Stacey--he is PERFECT!!! Congratulations! Hope you recover quickly and that he gives you lots of sleep (if that's possible :))

Sarah Hull said...

Tears!!!!Can he be any cuter? GREAT now we have some major compition! First off can we talk about how impressed I am that you have BLOGGED already and you just pushed a human out of your body 48 hours ago!!! (way to go on that one because he was such a big baby). You are forever my hero. Second, who wears bobby pins when birthing a child? I have heard of a rubber band... But regardless you are a supermodel and I love all the pictures. The last one of you holding him is precious. So happy to hear the kids are taking to him real well and I love that Averi talks in her "mom voice" how cute is that. Last, can the name "Wade" be any cuter? I am so sure "Owen & Wade Bishop" the hottest guys in high school because they have the radest names!

Molly Jolley said...

Um i want to hold him. the little baby. he is to cute i love the picture of adam kissing him. as i am looking at these pictures ashlyn is making spiting noises in the backround and not wanting to take a nap and it just seems like yesterday she was that little. time flys
love ya

caryn said...

I love him! He is so cute. I love the pic of Owen and Wade...Owen expression is so darn cute. I might add also that you are looking pretty chesty Stacey...way to go! Congratulations.

Marlie said...

Stacey--He's beautiful!! I'm so happy for you guys. How fun that he is finally here. You are my hero for getting junk up on your blog already! What the heck?? How fun to see the pictures though and hear that you are well. Good luck with your new little beauty and congrats once again.
Love, Marlie

Les and Cheryl said...

He's so beautiful, I'm so glad to be here and be a part of it all. Avery is already such a good help, and I know Owen has good intentions.

Shalyn & Joe said...

Cute little dude!!! Boys are the best. Congrats...wish we could be there and hold him.

Jenn said...

Wade is beautiful!!! Congratualtions. I'm so happy for you. You're family is so cute. Don't worry about your post-labor picture. My Mom was there for the delivery of Sam and she was a bit too excited and snapped some pictures too early. She sent me copies and informed me that she "had shown them to everyone in the neighborhood." Obviously I was thrilled to see one with my still bloody child on my chest with my legs still in the stirrups and blood smeared across my thigh. Just what I want circulating around town!

kimhumpherys said...

Congrats, he's adorable! I can't believe such a big baby came out of such a small mommy! My first baby was also face up and took me 3.5 hrs. to push out! And he looked funny (like a puss pocket & red welt) because of all the smashing he was doing against my pelvic bone, facing the wrong direction! But Wade looks like it was nothing! Have fun with 3, it's a wild ride!

austin and cherisse said...

o congrats what a cutie!!!

Melissa said...

He is so sweet! It makes me want to do it again, maybe...
Sorry to hear about the rough labor, but he is worth it. 8lbs, 12oz, that's how big Hunter was, but I didn't have to push him out!
I am so happy for you and your cute family! I can't wait to meet Wade!

Sara said...

He is beautiful Stacey, and I LOVE Averi's motherly voice! Sara S.