So I have been delinquent in my blogging this week. Here are some of the things we've been up to....
CAROLING
CAROLING
Every year since we were just out of High School, a whole bunch of us meet at Adam's parents house and walk Thoroughbred Street to see all of the lights. We stop every so often to carol to the passers by. Here is just one examples of how crazy the homeowners go with decorating.
Owen really wanted to walk with his big cousin Caden.
Bryant Hull is our chorister. He gets really into it and it just wouldn't be the same without him and his fun family.
Nick Calero posing graciously in front of the St. Nick sign
The beautiful sight of all of us caroling. There has been quite a few kids added to the mix over the years.
Averi and Owen both loved all of the lights. It was tough for them not to touch all of the cool stuff.
Here I am with Danica and Marlie. I was so excited that they came to join the festivities. Marlie is a close friend from high school and Danica is practically a part of our family and now they are sisters in law. How Fun!!
Owen was happy to sit in the wagon with sweet Katie Hull.
Some of the guys after the caroling.
Owen was most happy about the treats. He also loved the rich hot cocoa that Gerda made for everyone.COOPER LEAVES
Some reasons we will miss Cooper......- His feet crack rediculously when he walks and always smell like roses (the rotten kind).
- His ring tone/Alarm on his phone is "Pop lock and drop it" (of course set to the highest volume)
- Movie nights with Luis - Cooper often hung out with Luis from the bakery and endured much ridicule for basically dating a guy. Go San Francisco 49ers!! (He was a super good example for Luis and as much as we joke, it was really cool)
- When talking on the phone he walks laps around the entire house.
- There is a constant beep coming from his phone (addicted to texting). Adam enjoyed refering to it as having "text".
- Checking myspace and IM. Every photo op was a possible myspace moment.
- Cooper loses everything. No I mean like everything.
- Making fun of his "bad eye" has been fun. ex "Cooper can you see me or is your eye in the way"
- He worked at a bakery, ate bread all day and then would come home and walk directly to the toaster for a few extra slices.
- Cooper and Adam's cleaver remarks regarding the contestants on the "Biggest Loser" will be sorely missed (ie: Jez).
- Cooper and Adam's rediculous rewinding of the TV when they think there is something so great that I just can't miss.
- Cooper watching sports with Adam and watching TV drama's and sitcoms with me.
- His constant "hot Chick" remarks about Jennifer Love Hewitt while watching Ghost Whisperer.
- Wrestling and playing with Averi and Owen.
- We love you Cooper and are so glad we got to spend so much time with you! We know you will be a great missionary in Texas! Thank you Whitnie and Randy for raising such a good kid!
Ward Christmas Party Decor
I was in charge of Decorations for the ward Christmas party. I stole the idea from someone in Adam's parents ward. I thought they were so cute!Pepper & Dick's House
Every year we go to Aunt Pepper and Uncle Dick's house in L.A. for a Christmas dinner. Owen and Macie have been so cute playing together lately.
Some of the kids with Aunt Pepper.


4 comments:
ok the trees are totally cute i cant wait to try them. i love the cooper reasons those are the best.
I am sad that we did not get to spend as much time with Cooper as everyone else. The times we did (beach, family get togethers) were fun!
Caroling was fun as usual. I'm a little upset about Aaron's shirt making it on the blog!
So much to say...
1. I love Averi's shirt in the Aunt Pepper picture. It is seriously darling. All the kids look precious.
2. I love Bryant's "underwear" totally showing because he is SO into his role as conductor.
3. I will be forever mad at you if you made those darling tree decorations all by yourself and if you made one for each table. I will seriously just die.
4. Cooper seemed like such a crack up. It was so fun to read about all the reasons he will be missed.
5. Nick's pictures was too much. I was dying at his face he was making.
6. Darling family picture in front of the lights.
Stacey,
I am so sad we missed caroling! Next year, we will say phooey to family parties and go to where the real fun is!
I left a message for you about getting together on Monday-give me a call!
Post a Comment