Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fathers Day!

"I'm so glad when daddy comes home, glad as I can be....." This primary song totally sums it up. In 6 years of being a dad, I have NEVER seen Adam come home and sit on the couch. He immediately surrounds the kids, wrestles with them and plays with them. Within about 15 minutes of being home, he is usually outside in the yard with the kids either playing or planting. Last night he spent 45 minutes coloring with Averi before bed. It is such a relief to me when Adam enters the home. He truly does all he can to relieve any burden from me. I love him!
I can remember praying about whether to marry him or not over 9 years ago. I felt an overwhelming sense of peace. I have been so blessed for following that inspiration. I continue to feel peace in the home we have created together. LOVE YOU ADDIE!
Gerda served Adam the BIGGEST portion of Prime Rib I have EVER seen. Here is Adam doing his best to finish. He had Meat SWEATS. What a meal!!
OFF TOPIC: I am a WANNA BE photographer. I DO NOT usually take pictures other than planned photo sessions with my family for this reason......

1. We are NEVER all cute at the same time. We start out okay but before long, Wade was in pajama bottoms, Owen was dirty and his hair dishevelled and Averi was wearing an outfit she picked out her self and her clip is no where to be seen.
2. We are NOT photogenic. Owen pulls faces constantly, Averi ALWAYS looks to the side and physically CANNOT make eye contact with a camera and Wade avoids conformity at all cost.
3. I avoid difficult situations. Example: Mothers day: What a perfect day to take a photo of me and the kids........OR.......sit on the couch and talk to the girls while the guys make food for us and the kids romp around in the backyard without a care. Why would I ruin a perfectly content moment by gathering my haggard family to take a snapshot.
I know, I am seriously missing out on capturing moments but........ I have a good memory:)

4 comments:

The Fredy Family said...

I love capturing those moments. I gave up a long time ago expecting to get a good photograph of all four of us! With no expectation I can totally be happy and live in the moment wether it be Cole putting Siena in a choke hold or us hanging him upside down. :-)

Go back to my blog and then go to little kiwis photography at the bottom in the photography blog section. I had her do family portraits and Cole was AWFUL!!!! I warned her in advance though that he was gonna be difficult. You can see what she was able to get, including my husband hanging him upside down. It is actually one of my favorites from the session. there are a few more that aren't on the blog that I may post once I get the cd, but like I said, great memories. :-)

Sarah Hull said...

I was just thinking about you this morning wondering where the heck you have been and why I have not seen you since New Years! I miss you!
This post had me laughing so hard! From "Meat sweat" to family picture taking drama... it was all too funny!!!

Melissa said...

I am glad to hear your family does not look perfect all the time, because usually your pictures are totally perfect! Glad Adam got to eat lots of meat on Fathers Day!

aimee_p said...

You nailed this one on the head with the meat to the family photo--love it!