Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A beautiful day for a picnic

Averi had a great idea! She decided to plan a picnic for us today! She spent a lot of last night planning and preparing for today (notice her apron)....(also notice Owen's attempt to be in the pic).
It really was a beautiful day so we went out at about 9:30 and hit the local park (emphasis on the local). It is a new park but they must have run out of budget for "real" trees so instead there are sticks in the ground that will turn into trees maybe by the time Averi graduates from high school:].
Here is the spread. They asked me if they could bring some of "moms soda". How could I resist. Averi helped cut sandwiches into a butterfly for me, heart for her and pumpkin for Owen. Owen ran an errand at the store with Adam last night and picked out Sweedish Fish, Ring pops and Mike & Ikes for snacks.


Averi lined both sides of the blanket with boas:)

I gave Owen the job of packing some toys for Wade....uh I didn't really mean ALL of the toys but at least he followed through. Wade loved it!

Wade saw the ring pop and went into attack mode to get it. He now thinks it is a new, AWESOME pacifier.

11 comments:

aimee_p said...

TOO FUN!!!!!! I can't wait for the kids to be off track to do fun things like this!
Averi always put so much thought into her ideas, I love it!

Amanda Weir said...

I like Wades new pacifier. Looks like you guys had a good time.

caryn said...

I want a boa around my blanket! Love her apron.

Debbie said...

Love the pacifier...I'm going to have to try that on my baby!

jenni bishop said...

Love it! Love it! Love everything about it! Sandwich shapes...boas...really above and beyond!

austin and cherisse said...

so you need to call shalyn and tease her about the weather and how warm it is here!! She is freezing her butt off : )

Les and Cheryl said...

That looks like so much fun. Averi you did a good job on the sandwiches and the boa's as well as everything else. I love the apron, and Owen behind in the first picture

Jennifer said...

Baby Wade is OH SO CUTE! Can you believe how big our babies are?

Molly Jolley said...

I love the backpak full of toys for wade. well at least owen took job seriously :)

jenni bishop said...

Hope you are having fun in Oregon with your family!! I am thankful for you! Have a great day! Love you!

Melissa said...

What a cute idea! Averi is a great picnic planner!
I am diggin' the new pacifier!